Many of our classes are suitable for beginners or those who haven’t practised yoga for a while. Please see the class descriptions in Our Classes for a guide to our class styles. The 'Gentle Yoga' and ‘Back Care’ classes might also be suitable. If you are reasonably fit and have attended exercise classes before, you might consider trying a ‘general’ class.
All of our teachers are happy for new students to try out classes on a casual basis but we recommend that you contact the teacher before hand and discuss any concerns you might have about the suitability of their class. Our teacher contact details are listed on our timetable page.
Our casual class price is $25.
You need to bring your own yoga mat. If you don’t have a mat, you are welcome to borrow one of ours; we also sell high quality yoga mats that suit our floor surface.
If you have never been to a yoga class before there are a few important things to know:
- You don't need to be flexible to practice yoga.
- The most important quality you need is a willingness to commit to a regular class.
- Like anything new, yoga requires practice - you may not 'get it' straight-away but be patient, it does get easier.
- During the class it is always OK to rest or come out of a posture if you need to.
- Try not to compare yourself with others in the class; we all have our strengths and challenges.
- Quite often it's the teacher, not the style, that will appeal to you, so you may wish to try a few different teachers when you first start.
- Don’t practice on a full stomach – best not to eat anything for at least 2 hours before the class.
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can move and relax in.
- Please avoid wearing perfume or strong smelling deodorant to class.
- You might regret not making it to your yoga class but we’re sure you’ll never regret going to one!